Tuesday 11 September 2018

Review: Impostors

Impostors Impostors by Scott Westerfeld
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fantastic read. I've read Uglies, but not in quite a long time, and I still was able to follow this perfectly. I'm very eager to know what happens next! I'll have to watch out for the next one, hopefully not too long from now.

Receiving an ARC did not affect my review in any way.


He takes my right hand. Something electric goes through those knitted bones. "Don't apologize, Rafi. And don't worry. I'll make sure Jefa keeps her promise."
He touches his lips to my hand. Just for a moment.
"J'en mettrais ma main au feu," he says.
I'm staring at my hand, at his lips.
The cyrano translates in my ear -
I put my hand in the fire.
What do they mean, those words? That kiss? Is this how they seal promises in Victoria? Or is it the start of something else?
I don't know anything about kissing.
His dark eyes lock with mine. No one looks at me this intently, except Naya, when she's sizing up my weaknesses. I feel measured, scanned, defenceless.
Then Col lets go and turns towards the hallway.
"We should get back to the party," he says.
I nod dumbly. Suddenly that swirl of music, fire, and projectiles seems safer than being alone with him.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment