Sunday 2 September 2018

Review: Ogre Enchanted

Ogre Enchanted Ogre Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I never thought thought I'd be back in the world of Frell, but here it is, and it's every bit as magic as it was in Ella. Evie is just as fascinating a character, Lucinda still as annoying, and I loved slowly figuring out the connections between this story and Ella - although this one stands completely alone, so you can read it without knowing anything about Ella. A fantastic read, and I hope to return to Frell again another time.

Receiving an ARC did not affect my review in any way.

I wouldn't endanger anyone else in this quest. I'd go alone. If I succeeded, I'd be welcome anywhere, at least for a while, even as an ogre. I could live at home again and wouldn't have to eternally miss Mother and Wormy.

When I rejoined humanity, I might save someone whose gratitude would progress to love. Then, if I could set aside the memory of Master Peter, I might return the feeling, because saving someone's life was almost as good as drinking a love potion.

Yes! I would go to the dragons' Spires. If I died trying to get purpline, my end would sadden only two people, neither of them myself.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment