Monday 12 November 2018

Review: An Absolutely Remarkable Thing

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a fantastic read. An alien invasion, maybe, designed to make all of humanity work together. (With a horrible cliffhanger, it has to be said.) The plot was fabulous, keeping just the right level of tension, and April May was the perfect combination of insightful and thick as a brick, depending on the subject. I'm desperate for the next book, I want to know what happened to everyone and where they all are now.

This book also plays really well with current levels of social media. In ten years it'll probably be quaint, but right now it's just right. Really good insight.

A brilliant book over all. And don't worry, sci fi phobes, it's not really about the alien at all.


Of course, I immediately had the Dream again. And again, I didn't think much of it at the time.
You might think it's weird that Andy and I hadn't figured out the Dream yet, but it was a pretty boring dream and, in general, talking about even interesting dreams to other people is dull as hell. I try not to do it under any circumstances because of how much I hate it when other people do it to me. And besides, Andy and I probably had said a total of four words to each other that day.
I did talk a bit more with Robin, but Robin had not slept yet. And so, though he almost definitely had the Dream in his head by this point, he had no way of knowing that. He'd know soon enough, as would at least half of the people on that airplane and a number of others I interacted with at the airport.
You can go ahead and add that to my list of accomplishments;
April May, former pet detective, dairy supply heiress, initiator of First Contact with space aliens, video blogger, and patient zero for the world's first and only know infectious dream.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment