Friday 28 December 2018

Review: This Lie Will Kill You

This Lie Will Kill You This Lie Will Kill You by Chelsea Pitcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another entry in the growing 'teen mystery' genre. This is reminiscent of Christopher Pike's Weekend; a group of teens all played a part in hurting another, and are now being made to confess after being lured to a party. It's a simple story, with several twists, some of which I saw coming and some I didn't. It's hard to strike a balance between 'boring flashbacks', 'too much information in the wrong order' and 'destroyed all the tension' but Chelsea has managed it. Some things still weren't quite clear to me at the end, but nothing that affected the storyline badly.

A good, tense read.

Receiving an ARC did not affect my review in any way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment