Friday 1 March 2019

Review: The Waning Age

The Waning Age The Waning Age by S.E. Grove
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't too sure about this one going in, and the first couple of chapters didn't help, but when this story got going, it really got going. I couldn't put it down after a certain point. The idea is intriguing, not one I've seen before, the characters are interesting, and things are wrapped up well, with just a couple of loose strands if the author ever wanted to return to this world. A fantastic read.


"You've kept me out of this every step of the way. I will only half believe it when you say it's to protect me. It's also because you don't want anyone interfering with your methods."
"It's both."
He plowed on like I hadn't spoken. "I know you think I'm useless in a fight, but not everything is about fighting. I'm coming with you."
I wanted to hug him and throw a shoe at him. I settled for a sigh. "Fine."
He stood, waiting.
"And I apologize for keeping you out."
He nodded. He swung his jacket over his shoulder. "Okay. Apology accepted. Let's go."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment