Friday 14 June 2019

Review: The Paper & Hearts Society

The Paper & Hearts Society The Paper & Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tabby is hoping that her new town will mean an end to her old problems. Hoping for some new friends, she joins a book club and is soon happily embroiled in their plans and schemes. The past she'd hoped to leave behind is not finished with her, though, and it threatens everything she's built for herself in this new life.

What a fantastic read. All the characters suffer with various forms of anxiety and none of them are made fun of or made to feel lesser; they're treated with care and respect by the other characters. Even during the inevitable fallout they mostly listen to each other. It's refreshing to see. This will be a great book for tweens to read, as it tackles some heavy topics, most notably social media bullying. I think this will do really well.


I received a proof copy of this book, which did not affect my review in any way.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Great review :) I thought it was a great look at social media, bullying, and friendship. And I loved the love of books in the pages.
    Cora | http://teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could tell the author loved reading and wanted to share that feeling, couldn't you?

      Delete