Tuesday 29 May 2018

Review: Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix

Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix by Julie C. Dao
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was a little worried going into this one. Could it possibly be as good as Forest of a Thousand Lanterns? Second books are often weaker, what if this wasn't good, what if it spoiled the memory of Forest for me?

I shouldn't have worried. This is an amazing close to the series, with fantastic characters and even more of the wonderful worldbuilding I loved so much in Forest. I loved watching characters I knew turn back up in unexpected ways, playing different roles this time around.

I can't wait to see what else Julie has lined up for us. I'm sure it'll be amazing.


She didn't know if she would be successful. She didn't care to make grand, empty promises - to herself or anyone else - that she might be the ruler Feng Lu deserved. But if she ever reached that throne, she would try to be an empress of whom her family might be proud.
Yes, there was time yet to discover what sort of monarch she wished to be.

For if you wished it, you could light all the world.
Jade lifted the rose higher and raised her chin to face the darkness.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment