Thursday 12 July 2018

Review: Tarot

Tarot Tarot by Marissa Kennerson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fantastic read and a very clever idea. Turning the Tarot into different worlds is a brilliant idea. (Let's hope it helps me remember when I'm trying to learn them...)

I liked Anna, although I thought she recovered remarkable quickly from her sixteen years locked in a tower and showed very few after effects; a good sleep and a nice meal seemed to take care of everything. I'll accept 'magic' as the excuse there, though.

A brilliant read, and I'll be looking forward to reading more in the series.


Receiving an ARC did not affect my review in any way.


Anna felt a deep pit in her stomach. She wondered briefly if she should offer him the truth. He might think she was being absurd, but she was more afraid of what might happen if Daniel believed her. She had history with the people of Cups now; unfortunately, not all of it was built on the truth.
Which was the very reason why she couldn't tell him what she'd seen. Anna had placed them in grave danger by associating herself with them, but she also couldn't bear the thought of losing the friends she'd made.
No, she had to discover exactly what was happening and exactly how to fix it. She would figure out how to protect the people of Cups from the Hierophant King. To tell them the truth now would only scare them.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment