Sunday 1 July 2018

Review: The You I've Never Known

The You I've Never Known The You I've Never Known by Ellen Hopkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A difficult one to rate. I didn't like Ariel's romantic choices, in that she was seeing two people at once and not telling them about each other. I liked the rest of her character, though, and I liked the style of the book. But, like another reviewer, I kept waiting for something described in the blurb to happen. It didn't happen until page 400. That's a long time to be waiting.

Not an awful book, but not a great one either.


Abuse?

I'm not abused.
Am I?

Dad's only hit me
a few times.
Open-handed.

And only when I
deser-
Wait.

I really was thinking
deserved it.

But that's not right.
I never deserved it.
Never deserved his
ugly words, either.
Not to mention
what happened tonight.

Oh my God.
I'm a mess.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment