Saturday 13 July 2019

Review: Arctic Zoo

Arctic Zoo Arctic Zoo by Robert Muchamore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Muchamore is an excellent writer. There's no denying that. This book has adventure, politics, lessons about drone racing and young offender's institutes. But it just wasn't riveting, at least for me. It took the two storylines far too long to come together, so it was more like reading two different books, and they didn't really affect each other much in the end.

There was nothing wrong with it. The prose is brilliant, the characters were good. As always in Muchamore's stories, the violence happens often and is well described, and he'd clearly put a lot of thought into the politics of his little slice of Nigeria. But it's a long way from the highs of the CHERUB series. I'll keep reading him, but I'm not sure we'll ever get that high again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment