Wednesday 17 July 2019

Review: The Starlight Watchmaker

The Starlight Watchmaker The Starlight Watchmaker by Lauren James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An abandoned android scrapes a living as a watchmaker on an intergalactic campus. He's lonely but content until the day a fast paced duke comes to his door, demanding help. Everything will change if they succeed in their mission.


I've read several Lauren James novels, but I think I'm most impressed by this one. The others were all amazing reads, but this is so imaginative; butterflies riding bicycles, living (but mini) planets and underwater species living on algae are just a few of the delights here. Lauren has been on my instabuy list since The Loneliest Girl in the Universe but she is now firmly ensconced there. The characters are fantastic and the whole story rattles along at a wonderful speed; not so fast we're lost, not so slow we're bored. This is going to be a great one to add to her portfolio.



I received a proof copy and chose to write an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment