Tuesday 2 October 2018

Review: Ladybird Tales of Adventurous Girls: With an Introduction From Jacqueline Wilson

Ladybird Tales of Adventurous Girls: With an Introduction From Jacqueline Wilson Ladybird Tales of Adventurous Girls: With an Introduction From Jacqueline Wilson by Ladybird
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love this time of year; the beautiful anthologies and collections start piling in, almost too many to read. This one I definitely made time for. Five folktales from around the world, each featuring a brave, clever girl who solves problems on her own.

You'll know Gretal and Hansel, of course, and probably the Snow Queen, but the others may be new to you. Each story is illustrated by a different artist, so there's plenty of styles to look at and enjoy. I love collections with stories I haven't read before, and this one certainly delivers on that.

Fantastic. Put this one on the Christmas lists.



"If she doesn't go, then neither do you," said their mother.
So off the three sisters went, down the long path to the sea.
"Don't you go anywhere without us," Tisha said to Tamasha, as she and Tosha rushed into the waves, laughing and splashing.
Tamasha sighed.
I would much rather be searching for a tree to climb, she thought. But instead she paddled at the water's edge.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment