Thursday 18 October 2018

Review: Rejoice, A Knife to the Heart

Rejoice, A Knife to the Heart Rejoice, A Knife to the Heart by Steven Erikson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A unique look at First Contact. I've never seen a book, movie or TV show handle it in quite this way. I liked seeing all the different points of view, although like other reviews I thought there were a lot of people to keep track of.

I enjoyed this book and I'll happily read more in the series, because like many books nowadays it ended on an awful cliffhanger!


Receiving an ARC did not affect my review in any way.


"Imagination is like a muscle. It requires exercise. Stay trapped in this world with all its mundane necessities, and it won't be long before your imagination - the gift you were given in your childhood - atrophies, and when that happens, why, you've lost something precious that even nostalgia won't bring back to you, no matter how much you long for what was. With the death of your imagination, you lose wonder. But you need wonder. You need it to stay sane, and you need it to keep your heart from turning into stone."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment