Thursday 14 February 2019

Review: The Black Coats

The Black Coats The Black Coats by Colleen Oakes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There's nothing wrong with this book - it's exciting, it's a good plot, I wanted to know what was going to happen - but I wasn't desperate to find out, I was happy to wait until I got back to it. It's a perfectly good read, but not a breathless, staying up at night one.

I'll still recommend it to others, because I think it'll do well.


Receiving an ARC did not affect my review in any way.


There was still no word from Drew, so she took a deep breath and texted him everything she wanted to say. After Natalie's loss, she should have known better: the time to say important things was always now. I'm sorry for lying to you. You were right--about almost everything. Can we talk after the ceremony tomorrow? Then without thinking, she typed:

Drew Porter, I think I might love you, in spite of everything.

Thea sat back in her chair, anxiously waiting any response as the night grew long around her.

Finally it popped up:

See you tomorrow at graduation.

Thea let a small glimmer of hope pass through her. Maybe there was a chance that she wouldn't lose this, too. Still, before heading up for bed she triple-checked the locks and tucked a knife up her sleeve.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment