Thursday 21 February 2019

Review: Slayer

Slayer Slayer by Kiersten White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to be honest, although it physically pains me to do so; this book is not as good as I hoped. Other readers may love it! I sincerely hope they do. It just fell straight into one of my least favourite tropes; the whole plot turns on people not telling each other things, even important things, even when telling each other those things would clear up misconceptions or make things more understandable. Tip to teenage guys; if you're trying to get a teenage girl somewhere safe from a danger she doesn't know about yet, don't just sling her over your shoulder and carry her into the forest while saying ominous things into your phone. Actually explain to her what you're doing. Especially if she's the Slayer; it'll spare you some broken ribs when she gets sick of it.

I'll keep reading this series, because I think there's a good story under there and I'd like to see what happens next. Hopefully the characters will be a bit more communicative next time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment