Monday 11 June 2018

Review: Access Restricted

Access Restricted Access Restricted by Gregory Scott Katsoulis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A brilliant sequel to All Rights Restricted, picking up very soon after the end of that book. However, while it's been mere hours for the characters, it's been much longer for me and I found myself struggling to remember exactly what happened to what character when. A recap of some kind would have been very welcome.

That aside, though, this is a fantastic read. Speth's world expands in this one and we get to see a lot more of what's left of America. Saretha seemed much younger than her age this time, griping and complaining at Speth all the time. It grated on me but it never made me stop reading.

I think the series is over now; it seemed the right stopping point. But I'll be watching out for more by Scott.

Be aware the main character and others are tortured with electric shocks and nauseating patterns and sounds.


"How do you know? A name could be anything."
"Nah. They took our names, priced 'em out. You ever look at the Spanish Word$ Market? See what they charge? They don't want us to have a history. They don't want us to know each other and don't want us to know ourselves."
...
"Friends. Family. Words. Even our past. Cut us off from everything. Want us to have nothing, so we'll feel like nothing. They don't want your fight. S'why they hate you so bad. When they come to Indenture, they don't want anything left but strong hands and backs."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment