Saturday 23 June 2018

Review: Deception

Deception Deception by Teri Terry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's rare for the second book in a trilogy to live up to the first. This is one of those times. Although I didn't like the time jumping aspect ... we covered a stretch of time with some characters, then the same stretch with other characters ... I enjoyed the story very much. There's less focus on the epidemic itself and more on the survivors and immune, this time around. Kai, Shay and Callie all have their parts to play, making and breaking alliances with other characters along the way.

As with Contagion, I saw a couple of plot twists coming before they hit, but others took me by surprise. A lot of things wouldn't have happened if people had just talked to each other, but that's common to a lot of novels, I haven't counted it against this one.

A fantastic read, I can't wait to read the third and see how everything ends up.


That's when I realise there are no windows or doors; at least, none that I can see. There must be: how else did I get in here?
That weird feeling of being watched is still on my skin, as if eyes leave fingerprints I can feel. Could there be a hidden watcher?
I swallow again.
"Hello?" I say, tentative. My voice feels rusty, like I haven't used it for a while.
I try again, and this time it is stronger. "Hello? Is there anybody there?"
My voice seems to echo off the bare walls, ceiling and floor, and bounces back to my ears.
No one answer. Can't anyone hear me?
Panic is rising up inside, waves that build and build, and I'm shaking. Where am I? I don't want to be here.
"Let me out of here! Let me out!"
I say it, louder and louder again, until I'm screaming.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment